MANUAL LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE THERAPY
CUSTOM compression weaR: GETTING the right fit
Fit, function and comfort are key
Being evaluated for the correct garment means you'll experience more comfort, ease of movement and see better results in managing your swelling. Compression wear can be purchased at the MLD Clinic with or without MLD treatments. And, the MLD Clinic's Terry Kemp is a Certified Expert Compression Garment Fitter.
What you should know:
- Compression grade - Garments come in non-medical and medical grade compression, ranging from 15 to 40 mmHg and above
- Insurance - Many policies cover medical grade compression wear (20-40+ mmHg). Check with your provider.
- Colors - Garments are available in a wide range of colours
- Types - Compression wear is made for most parts of your body. Most often people use gloves (for hands), sleeves (for arms), stockings or leggings (for legs), capris or shorts (for the lower body) and more!
- How long it lasts - Compression wear loses its effectiveness over time. For optimum results, garments that are worn daily should be replaced every 4 to 6 months.
- Custom-Fitted or Ready-Made - talk with the MLD Clinic to understand what approach is best for you
MLD CLINIC 237 PURCELLS COVE ROAD, HALIFAX, NS (902) 448 0940